A far-left organization funded by the New Israel Fund has been actively aiding the recent wave of protests – many of them violent – which erupted across the country following the shooting death of Solomon Tekah, an Ethiopian teenager, in Haifa.
The joint Arab-Jewish ‘Standing Together’ organization, which is funded by the NIF, has taken an active role in the protests, which began Monday, resumed Tuesday following Tekah’s funeral, and which are expected to continue Wednesday.

Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein announced on Twitter that the elections will not be canceled.
“In recent days, I asked to promote the cancellation of these unnecessary elections for you, citizens of Israel, and to save you billions. Unfortunately, not all parties cooperated and therefore we cannot cancel the elections.”
Read more at Arutz Sheva.
{Matzav.com}

Israel is bracing for a third day of intense protests over the police killing of 19-year-old Ethiopian-Israeli Solomon Tekah, with leaders calling for calm and restrain. .
President Reuven Rivlin appealed on Wednesday to members of the Israeli-Ethiopian community to avoid a “civil war.”
“We must stop and think together how to continue from here. This is not a civil war,” he said. The president added that “we must exhaust the investigation into the death of Solomon and we must prevent the next death.”
The victim’s father also urged restraint from both demonstrators and police, vowing to prevent another death.

An orthodox Jewish man walking down the street in London, England, was allegedly chased by a knife-wielding suspect who yelled slurs at him as he walked to work and threatened to behead him.
Police arrived at the scene and arrested an as yet unnamed 34-year-old man on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offense. “A knife was recovered from the suspect, who remains in custody,” the police statement said.
“A man started running behind him saying ‘I’m going to kill you, I’m going to chop your head off,'” a witness told the Standard. “He saw that he took a knife out and he started running away, he was just running for his life.”
Read more at NEWSWEEK.

[COMMUNICATED]

Canadian political candidate ejected for comparing Israel to Nazi Germany
A candidate for the Canadian Parliament has been ejected from her party for previous anti-Israel comments, including comparing the Jewish state to Nazi Germany.
Rana Zaman, a social activist and Muslim who won in May the New Democratic Party (NDP) nomination in Dartmouth-Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, was ousted last week after several Twitter posts from last year denouncing Israel’s response to violent protests along its border with Hamas-controlled Gaza came to light.

Rockets fired by Gaza terrorist groups early Wednesday morning triggered alert sirens that sent residents of Sderot and the Eshkol Regional Council running for cover.
Code Red alerts were set off around 7:20 a.m., but were soon declared false alarms by the IDF Spokesperson’s Unit, due to the rockets’ trajectory taking them away from Israeli territory.
The rockets were fired from the northern Gaza Strip and landed in open waters off the Gaza coast. Some reports indicated that the launches were part of a Hamas weapons testing exercise.
On Monday, rocket sirens that sounded in the Sha’ar HaNegev and Sdot Negev regional councils near the Gaza border were also declared to be false alarms.

According to the Israel Police, over one hundred people have been arrested across the country in connection with the wave of protests sparked by the shooting of a young Israeli-Ethiopian man by an off-duty police officer on Sunday.
The protests dissolved into violent riots Tuesday night, following the funeral earlier in the day of 19-year-old Solomon Tekah. Police reported 136 arrests and 111 officers wounded across the country.
According to police, though an effort was made to act with restraint in the early hours of Tuesday’s demonstrations, when things became violent they were forced to act. Those arrested are being held for assaulting police officers, vandalism and disturbing public order, said police.

Rav Shlomo Kluger (1783-1869), author of Sefer HaChaim (a commentary on Shulchan Aruch Orach Chaim), and Chochmas Shlomo. Rav Kluger was born to Rav Yehuda Aharon, rabbi of Komarow. Rav Yehuda Aharon was a sickly man who died before age 40, leaving his son a homeless orphan. One day, R’ Yaakov Kranz (the “Dubno Maggid”) met the young boy wandering the streets of Zamosc, Poland, and he took him in. The Dubno Maggid arranged teachers for his charge, including R’ Mordechai Rabin, rabbi of Zamosc, and R’ Yosef Hochgelernter. A prolific author and posek, he wrote of himself that he had authored “115 large works on Tanach and the entire Talmud, and commentaries on the early and later poskim.” This statement was written in 1844, 25 years before his petira.

Pages