Israel bombed two military airbases and other targets in Syria on Wednesday night following reports that Turkey is preparing to take over the T4 airfield in Syria, which would harm Israel’s freedom of operation in the country. The IDF spokesperson confirmed the attacks, stating: “In the past few hours, the IDF attacked remaining military capabilities at the Hama and T4 airbases in Syria, along with additional remaining military infrastructure in the Damascus area.” According to Syrian media outlets, the target in Damascus was the Barzeh scientific research center.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu announced Wednesday that Israeli forces are establishing a new security corridor in southern Gaza, aiming to isolate the city of Rafah from the rest of the Strip and increase pressure on Hamas to release remaining hostages. In a video statement, Netanyahu said the IDF is securing the “Morag Corridor” — named after a former Israeli settlement — between Rafah and Khan Younis. He described the effort as creating a “second Philadelphi” route, echoing the corridor along the Gaza-Egypt border. Netanyahu has prioritized Israeli control of the Philadelphi Corridor in ongoing ceasefire talks, although Israel previously agreed to vacate the area by the 50th day of the January hostage deal — a commitment it has since breached.

While most sectors of Israeli society incite against Chareidim for not serving in the IDF, there is one group that is opposed to it. The chairwoman of the Israel Women’s Network, Prof. Daphna Hacker, recently participated in a joint conference of the University of Haifa and the Hebrew University, where she claimed that the Chareidi Chashmonaim Brigade poses a threat to women, the army, and Israeli society, Channel 14 reported. The report noted that Hacker’s claim, which prioritizes feminist considerations over the recruitment of Chareidim, was met with opposition from other participants at the conference.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio has instructed American diplomats to begin carefully scrutinizing the social media histories of visa applicants, with a special focus on identifying anti-American and anti-Israel sentiment, according to The New York Times. The directive, issued last week, aligns with an earlier executive order from President Donald Trump, signed in January, which demands that all foreign nationals seeking entry to the United States be assessed for their commitment to core American principles. The order calls for ensuring that those entering the country “do not bear hostile attitudes toward its citizens, culture, government, institutions, or founding principles,” and do not advocate for or support designated terrorist groups.

President Donald Trump announced on Wednesday that Elon Musk, the billionaire tech mogul and a key figure in his administration, will be stepping back from his current role in the coming weeks. The announcement, made during a brief Oval Office address, marks a significant shift in the dynamic between Trump and Musk, whose partnership has been a cornerstone of the administration’s early months. The move has also sparked speculation about Musk’s future influence and the trajectory of Trump’s ambitious government overhaul. “Elon’s done a fantastic job—tremendous, really—but he’s going to step back in the coming weeks,” Trump said, flanked by Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent and Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick.

The Prime Minister’s Office announced on Wednesday morning that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu intends to appoint the current Shin Bet Deputy Chief to the position of acting head while he continues his search for a new Shin Bet chief to replace Ronen Bar. The Shin Bet Deputy Chief is known only by S., his first initial. The PMO’s Office said, “Netanyahu continues to interview candidates for the position of Shin Bet Chief, including candidates he has already interviewed.

Hamas has quietly removed around 3,400 previously reported “deaths” from its casualty lists—including an astonishing 1,080 children who apparently weren’t as dead as initially advertised. It seems the Gaza Health Ministry, controlled by Hamas, has accomplished what science could not—bringing thousands back from the dead. Analyst Salo Aizenberg from Honest Reporting and NGO Monitor pointed out this curious phenomenon after noticing a striking discrepancy between Hamas’s August and September 2024 casualty figures and their magically revised March 2025 list. “These ‘deaths’ never happened. The numbers were falsified—again,” Aizenberg said. “What happened? How did 1000s of supposedly confirmed, fully identified deaths just vanish? Were some actually missing persons? Sloppy records?

YWN regrets to inform you of the petira of Reb Dovid Wolpin Z”L, the Niftar was critically injured after being struck by a vehicle on the evening of Thursday, February 27th, near Saddle River Road and Lanzut Court. He was 81 years old. As previously reported by Monsey Scoop, emergency personnel from Hatzoloh EMS and the Ramapo Police Department responded swiftly to the scene. Reb Dovid Z”L was transported by Rockland Hatzoloh to Westchester Medical Center with paramedics on board. Tragically, despite all medical efforts and the heartfelt tefillos of Klal Yisroel, Reb Dovid Wolpin Z”L was niftar on Tuesday morning. He was known as a humble and ehrliche Yid, dedicated to Torah, tefillah, and chessed. His loss is deeply felt by his family, friends, and all who knew him.

A driver faces manslaughter charges after allegedly speeding through a red light and fatally striking a 32-year-old mother and her two daughters on Ocean Parkway. The horrific crash occurred Shabbos around 1 p.m. when 35 year old Miriam Yarimi, driving a 2023 Audi A3 with a suspended license and no insurance, is believed to have been traveling at 50 mph in a 25-mph zone, according to police sources. Investigators are reviewing traffic cameras, a bystander’s dashcam, and the Audi’s “black box” data to confirm Yarimi’s exact speed and whether she attempted to brake before the collision. Skid marks at the scene are also under forensic analysis. Police say alcohol or drugs were not factors, though Yarimi’s license had been suspended due to an insurance lapse.

Rebbetzin Hendel Kaplan, a”h, a daughter of HaGaon HaRav Meshulam Dovid Halevi Soloveitchik, zt”l, and wife of HaRav Nechemia Kaplan, shlit”a, one of the gedolei marbitzei Torah in Eretz Yisroel was niftar on Monday night at the age of 68 following a prolonged illness. The levaya took place at her home on Rechov Yosef Ziv in Yerushalayim, leading to her kevurah in Har HaMenuchos. Rebbetzin Kaplan, a scion of Torah royalty, was born on Lamed Nissan 5717 (1957) into one of the most illustrious families of gedolei Yisroel. She was the daughter of HaRav Dovid Soloveitchik zt”l, the Rosh Yeshiva of Brisk, and the granddaughter of HaRav Yitzchok Ze’ev Soloveitchik, zt”l, the Brisker Rov. Her yichus extends back to Rav Chaim Brisker, the son of the famed Beis Halevi, zt”l.

Pages