Hamas has quietly removed around 3,400 previously reported “deaths” from its casualty lists—including an astonishing 1,080 children who apparently weren’t as dead as initially advertised. It seems the Gaza Health Ministry, controlled by Hamas, has accomplished what science could not—bringing thousands back from the dead. Analyst Salo Aizenberg from Honest Reporting and NGO Monitor pointed out this curious phenomenon after noticing a striking discrepancy between Hamas’s August and September 2024 casualty figures and their magically revised March 2025 list. “These ‘deaths’ never happened. The numbers were falsified—again,” Aizenberg said. “What happened? How did 1000s of supposedly confirmed, fully identified deaths just vanish? Were some actually missing persons? Sloppy records?

HaGaon HaRav Dov Landau delivered a chizzuk talk on Sunday, the start of Bein HaZemanim, at the Beis Hashem shul in Bnei Brak, with hundreds attending and thousands listening via live teleconference. At the end of the sichah, the Rosh Yeshivah instructed Bnei Yeshivos how to act upon receiving draft orders. “We’re in a very difficult situation as those who oppose us are persecuting the Olam HaTorah, doing things to harm Bnei Yeshivos and avreichim in order to harm Torah,” HaRav Landau said.

A tragedy was narrowly avoided early Sunday morning in Flatbush, thanks to the quick response of Flatbush Shomrim volunteers who stopped a wrong-way driver barreling down Ocean Parkway—just three blocks from the site of a horrific crash that killed a mother and her two children less than 24 hours ago. At around 6:00 a.m., Shomrim received a frantic call about a vehicle driving against traffic near Ocean Parkway and Avenue N. Volunteers rushed to the scene within seconds and successfully intervened, preventing the driver from colliding with other vehicles or striking pedestrians. The driver, who was found to be four times over the legal alcohol limit, was arrested at the scene by the NYPD.

In a powerful video statement published on Wednesday by YWN on WhatsApp, HaGaon HaRav Dov Landau, Rosh Yeshivas Slabodka, unequivocally opposed participation in the World Zionist Organization (WZO) elections. The video, now available with English subtitles, captures the revered Gadol HaDor urging Klal Yisrael to refrain from voting, emphasizing the spiritual dangers he associates with Zionist institutions. Rav Landau’s words come amid ongoing debate within the Chareidi world about involvement in the WZO, with some advocating participation to influence funding and policy. However, the Rosh Yeshiva’s firm stance reinforces the traditional Litvish position against such engagement.

Israeli Ambassador to the US, Dr. Yechiel Leiter, revealed this week that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu’s unusual flight path during his visit to Washington last month stemmed from fears of delay or arrest following the international arrest warrant issued against him by The Hague. Leiter explained that Netanyahu had to avoid flying over Europe, which significantly lengthened the flight time. “When Netanyahu came here last month, he flew 13 and a half hours – instead of 12,” Leiter said in an interview published on Ynet.

A month after their kevurah in southern Eretz Yisroel, a matzeiva has been placed for the kedoshim, Shiri Bibas hy”d and her two precious children, Ariel and baby Kfir, Hy”d, who were brutally murdered in Hamas captivity. The matzeiva is tinged with an orange hue, a reflection of the striking orange hair of the Bibas children that became a symbol of support and tefillos for the Bibas family throughout their heartbreaking ordeal. The kever bears the names and affectionate nicknames of the beloved mother and the children, along with heartfelt epitaphs expressing the deep love and pain of their loss.

Editor’s Note: Yeshiva World News (YWN) takes no official position in the ongoing debate regarding participation in the World Zionist Organization (WZO) elections. As always, YWN follows the guidance of its Rabbanim in determining what content to publish and which advertisements to accept. We urge our readers to do the same—seek the counsel of your Rav or Manhig and follow their direction regarding this, and any other hashkafic matter. __________________________________ The debate that has emerged regarding participation in the World Zionist Organization (WZO) elections has brought out passionate voices on both sides insisting that their position is the only legitimate one. Some have gone so far as to brand the opposing view as outright treif—even akin to a blatant chillul Shabbos.

The following letter was released by R’ Tzvi Gross, a delegate for Eretz HaKodesh: 26 Adar 5785 March 26, 2025 An Open Letter to all Torah Observant Jews, My name is Tzvi Gross and I registered as a Delegate for Eretz HaKodesh (under my legal name Zachary Gross) for the current World Zionist Organization election. In light of the below Kol Koreh released by the American Moetzes Gedolei HaTorah, I have withdrawn my candidacy as a delegate for Eretz HaKodesh. I have not yet voted in the election, and I do not intend to participate in it at this time. Obviously, if circumstances change, the question and response from our Gedolim may change.

Baruch Hashem, a wave of relief swept through Vizhnitz Chasidim worldwide as their beloved Rebbe, HaRav Yisroel Hager, was released from a Los Angeles hospital on Wednesday evening. The Rebbe had been hospitalized for ten days following a major medical procedure performed last Monday. Tens of thousands of Yidden davened fervently for the Rebbe’s refuah shleima for his recovery. The Rebbe is now recuperating at the home of Reb Shmuel Binyamin Einhorn in Los Angeles. He is expected to remain there for the near future under medical supervision. It is unknown when the rebbe will return to Bnei Brak. Please continue to say Tehillim for Yisrael ben Leah Esther. (YWN World Headquarters – NYC)

Defense Minister Yisrael Katz on Wednesday announced that he will not allow former Defense Minister and IDF Chief of Staff Moshe (Bogie) Ya’alon to participate in events at IDF bases. The decision was made following a letter sent by Itzik Buntzel, the father of fallen IDF soldier Amit, H’yd, in which he protested Ya’alon’s expected participation in an IDF graduation ceremony.

Pages