A classified intelligence briefing on the situation in Gaza was presented to the members of the Knesset’s Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee on Tuesday. A senior IDF intelligence official said in the briefing that Israel is continuing efforts to reach a hostage release deal while simultaneously carrying out intense military activity in order to exert pressure on Hamas and bring about the release of additional hostages.

Heichal HaTorah, in partnership with IDT, is proud to be launching the Bergen County Community Kollel – a premier 2 Seder Kollel for serious Bnei Aliyah.  Led by the esteemed Roshei KolleI Rav Eli Belizon and Rav Menachem Genack, this new Kollel will provide a premier learning environment for future Mechanchim, while offering a 50k stipend.   Opening Elul 2025.   APPLY NOW Email: REB@HEICHALHATORAH.ORG  Call: 516-382-7596

Avigdor Lieberman, head of the Yisrael Beytenu party and longtime antagonist of lomdei torah, has openly called on police to prosecute the gedolim for allegedly “encouraging draft evasion.” His accusations, laced with contempt, were directed at none other than the Rosh Yeshiva of Slabodka and leader of the Moetzes Gedolei HaTorah, Hagaon HaRav Dov Landau shlit”a, as well as the former Rishon LeTzion, Harav Yitzchak Yosef shlit”a. Lieberman, no stranger to anti-chareidi rhetoric, claimed that Rav Landau had “ordered bochurim not to report to recruitment offices,” and that Rav Yosef had made remarks about discarding draft notices.

As part of the annual tradition before Pesach, the Western Wall Heritage Foundation conducted its routine clearing of the kvitlach placed between the stones of the Kosel on Wednesday morning.
Tens of thousands of notes, which had been tucked into the crevices over the past six months, were carefully removed and taken for proper genizah.
Rav Shmuel Rabinowitz, rov of the Kosel and mekomos hakedoshim, personally oversaw the operation, as he does each year.

Israeli defense officials said Wednesday that the IDF is nearing control of roughly 30% of Gaza, as its forces press ahead with operations in both the southern and northern parts of the Strip, the Jerusalem Post reports.
The 36th Division has now taken on a significant role in the fighting, shifting its efforts to the northern section of Rafah in southern Gaza. This development comes on top of ongoing operations by Division 252 in northern and central Gaza, as well as Division 143 working in the southern areas of Rafah since mid-March.
Military strategists believe these maneuvers could soon sever Rafah from Khan Yunis, isolating Hamas strongholds and complicating their movements.

There has been a deterioration in the health condition of HaGaon Rav Yehuda Ades, Rosh Yeshiva of Yeshivas Kol Yaakov, and a member of the Moetzes Gedolei HaTorah of Degel HaTorah. The Rosh Yeshiva was rushed on Wednesday morning to Hadassah Ein Kerem Hospital in Jerusalem due to a worsening of his condition stemming from pneumonia. The Tzibur is requested to say Tehillim for Yehuda ben Chaya Esther. (YWN World Headquarters – NYC)

Hamas has quietly revised its previously published casualty figures from the ongoing conflict with Israel, removing thousands of names it had originally listed as fatalities, according to Salo Aizenberg of the U.S.-based watchdog group Honest Reporting. Speaking to The Telegraph, Aizenberg said his conclusions were based on a detailed examination of Hamas’s updated fatality list from March 2025.
Previously, Hamas asserted that 70% of those killed in the war were women and children. However, their latest casualty records no longer reflect that claim, Aizenberg’s analysis shows. The new data suggests that roughly 72% of those killed between the ages of 13 and 55 are males—a group that aligns with the typical profile of Hamas fighters.

WASHINGTON D.C (VINnews)-President Donald Trump’s announcement of sweeping tariffs, including a 10% baseline rate on all countries and higher rates for those with higher tariffs

Pinchus Friedman’s kosher import business was booming, but his inventory was a disaster. “We’re juggling three databases and endless spreadsheets,” he said. His operations manager added, “Lost paperwork means products sit in customs. Replacing everything would cost a fortune.” This is a common problem in our community—businesses outgrowing old systems but dreading a full overhaul. At a Lakewood networking event, I shared Pinchus’s dilemma with Ephraim Arnstein from Bitbean. “This is exactly what we do,” Ephraim said. “Most businesses don’t need a massive new system—just targeted fixes.” Bitbean specializes in precision solutions.

As the April 5 deadline approaches for TikTok to find a buyer or face a U.S. ban, Amazon has made a last-minute bid for the popular short-form video app, joining other potential buyers vying for control.

Secretary Scott Bessent: “We’re setting the stage for long-term economic growth. We were on our way to a financial crisis… With that gigantic government spending, it was unsustainable… We have taken us off that trajectory and we’re putting ourselves back on a sound trajectory.”

Israeli troops, backed by Apache helicopters, have stormed into Daraa in southwest Syria, sparking a chaotic scene as mosques in the area blare chants urging residents to grab weapons and fight back against Israel.

The U.S. confirms that the new 34% tariff against China is in addition to the existing 20% — bringing the total to 54%

FLATBUSH: MVA at Avenue X and East 2nd Street, Flatbush Hatzolah, is on the scene. Injuries were reported.

Hamas is open to freeing all the hostages still in its custody in exchange for a permanent end to the war, according to a senior Palestinian source involved in the ceasefire negotiations who spoke with The Times of Israel.
Despite Israel’s ongoing opposition to a full cessation of hostilities under these conditions, the official says Hamas is willing to release a smaller number of captives in return for a temporary pause in the fighting.
That offer, however, comes with a key demand: Hamas wants written guarantees from mediators that Israel will agree to enter negotiations for a lasting truce after the short-term ceasefire — something Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has so far flatly declined, the Palestinian official explains.

Israel’s National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir ascended the Har Habayis in Yerushalayim on Wednesday morning, igniting a firestorm of criticism and reigniting tensions over the contentious site just days before Pesach. The visit, Ben-Gvir’s first since rejoining Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu’s coalition two weeks ago, drew sharp rebukes from rabbanim, political opponents, and Palestinian groups, underscoring the fragile status quo at one of the world’s most sensitive religious locations. Ben-Gvir, leader of the far-right Otzma Yehudit party, arrived at the Har Habayis under heavy police escort early Wednesday morning, flanked by personal bodyguards and a small group of supporters.

Pages