Transportation Minister Miri Regev slammed representatives of the IDF and Shin Bet at a meeting of the security cabinet on Sunday evening, Channel 13 News reported on Monday. The meeting was held ahead of the dispatch of an Israeli delegation to Doha for talks on a ceasefire-hostage release deal. It should be noted that Shin Bet chief Ronen Bar, who last week refused Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu’s urging to resign from his position, did not attend the meeting. It is unknown if he wasn’t invited or he chose not attend amid soaring tensions with the Prime Minister.

U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said Monday that a high-stakes meeting between President Donald Trump’s hostage envoy and Hamas was a one-time occurrence that has so far produced no tangible results. Speaking to reporters en route to Saudi Arabia, Rubio addressed the controversial meeting, in which Adam Boehler, the U.S. special envoy for hostages, directly engaged with Hamas officials regarding the release of American-Israeli captive Edan Alexander. “That was a one-off situation in which our special envoy for hostages, whose job it is to get people released, had an opportunity to talk directly to someone who has control over these people and was given permission and encouraged to do so. He did so,” Rubio said. “As of now, it hasn’t borne fruit.

Yesh Atid MK Shelly Tal Meron called for the enlistment of Chareidi girls to the IDF along with bnei yeshivos. Meron wrote on X: “It is mandatory to enlist all Chareidi men liable for military service in the IDF, now.” “A Charedi bochur who would have enlisted on October 8 would have already completed training in a commando unit today, entered operational activity and mainly reduced the burden of service. The enlisting public does so out of love of the country. This love must not be abused.” One person responded: “Are you also talking about  Chareidi high school girls? If it’s equality, then all the way.” Meron replied: “Absolutely. Everyone needs to contribute their part and there are many options. Rights versus obligations.” (YWN Israel Desk – Jerusalem)

The hostage release ceremonies that the Hamas terror group held in Gaza during the first phase of the ceasefire deal, replete with fancy propaganda, appeared to be attended by large audiences only because Hamas paid each participant $200 in an attempt to broadcast widespread support, Channel 12 News reported. The channel aired a program on Sunday evening showing journalist Ohad Hamo interviewing former Gazans who immigrated to Germany. According to estimates, about 40,000 Palestinians live in Germany, most of them former residents of the Gaza Strip. In Europe, they are no longer afraid to speak against Hamas.

US Hostage Affairs Envoy Adam Boehler faced a strong backlash following his interview with CNN and other US and Israeli media outlets on Sunday, during which he defended his direct talks with the Hamas terror group. He responded to the criticism in a post on social media, stating: “I want to be CRYSTAL CLEAR as some have misinterpreted. Hamas is a terrorist organization that has murdered thousands of innocent people. They are BY DEFINITION BAD people. And as President Trump has said, not a single Hamas member will be safe if Hamas doesn’t RELEASE ALL HOSTAGES IMMEDIATELY.” Former US Ambassador to Israel David Friedman slammed Boehler’s remarks about a potential option to end the war that sharply differs from President Trump’s previously stated approach toward Hamas and Gaza.

Former central banker Mark Carney will become Canada’s next prime minister after the governing Liberal Party elected him its leader Sunday as the country deals with U.S. President Donald Trump’s trade war and annexation threat, and a federal election looms. Carney, 59, replaces Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, who announced his resignation in January but remains prime minister until his successor is sworn in in the coming days. Carney won in a landslide, winning 85.9% of the vote. “There is someone who is trying to weaken our economy,” Carney said. “Donald Trump, as we know, has put unjustified tariffs on what we build, on what we sell and how we make a living.

Almost every unit in the IDF carried out an investigation regarding its failures to predict and thwart the October 7th massacre. Even the IDF’s Logistics Directorate investigated its supply of equipment to soldiers and the Military Rabbinate investigated its process of identifying the October 7 victims. But there is one unit in the IDF that did not carry out an investigation into its role in maintaining the “conceptzia” and its failure to thwart the massacre – the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT), Army Radio reported on Sunday morning. Despite its supposedly ‘technical’ role, COGAT, headed by Maj. Gen. Ghassan Alian, played a pivotal role in formulating Israeli policy towards Gaza in recent years.

High-stakes talks between the US and Hamas, held in Doha, Qatar, over the past week, have centered around the possible release of Edan Alexander, a 21-year-old Israeli-American hostage believed to be the last living US citizen held by Hamas in Gaza. Hamas political adviser Taher Nunu confirmed the meetings, saying, “We have dealt positively and flexibly, in a way that serves the interests of the Palestinian people.” His remarks, filled with diplomatic posturing, starkly contrast the brutality Hamas continues to unleash in the region. This extraordinary move by the Trump administration marks a mindboggling shift in policy, breaking a decades-old US stance against negotiating with terrorists.

Hagaon HaRav Shmuel Kamenetzky shlit”a, the zkan roshei yeshiva of America, remains hospitalized after being admitted for medical treatment and evaluation on Shabbos. The Yeshiva of Philadelphia says that the venerated rosh yeshiva’s condition is “stable and improving.” “We look forward to him coming home in a few days,” the yeshiva says. Please continue to daven for Shmuel ben Itta Ettel b’soch sh’ar cholei yisroel. (YWN World Headquarters – NYC)

Houthi leader Abdul-Malik al-Houthi announced in his latest weekly address “the resumption of naval operations against Israeli ships” if the entry of humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip is not renewed within four days. Senior Houthi officials threatened last month that if the ceasefires in Gaza or Lebanon collapse, they will resume the launch of missiles at Israel. According to Israeli officials, the Houthis’ threats were likely made at the request of Hamas “as a means of applying pressure to prevent a return to fighting,” Ynet reported.

Pages